Hello! This blog is dedicated to otome games and other things related to a maiden’s heart. As you can see this place hosts my playthroughs to help me keep track of the games I’ve played and scenes in those games, but it also acts as a nice way to share my experience with all of you! It will also include some translations of drama CDs that I found interesting or podcasts about ambiguous topics.
I usually go by the name of Ilinox on the internet, so if you see someone with that name then it’s probably me. Officially, I have a flavors page that’ll show you most of the places you can find me at. Don’t be afraid of striking up a conversation with me because I enjoy meeting new people! PS. I’m also a fanatic kaomoji user so you’ll probably see tons of _(:3」∠)_ in my posts and just around. I try not to curse everywhere, but I confess that I have a bit of a dirty mouth.
Now onto some interesting things! My Japanese is semi-fluent, if you could even call it that, and so my translations aren’t high quality but they try to convey the gist of things. This is basically a disclaimer to warn people from taking my translations as gospel. Also, any playthroughs I do about otome games include my opinions which anyone can feel free to disagree with so long as they do it in a polite and courteous manner. This is the internet, but let’s try to be civil shall we? Hmm… what else? I’m 21, female, graduated with a degree in Psychology and Philosophy, and am now currently working in the legal field (OBJECTION!); so I won’t be able to guarantee rapid-fire updates… _(:3」∠)_ being responsible adult is full of despair
along with fate.
My interests! I’m very eclectic in my tastes and approach to things and so I have a foot in both western culture and eastern culture. I’m neutral towards manga, which leads to me usually reading only short one-shots or interesting ones. To me manga is basically an extension of my otome gaming habit. I used to watch a lot of anime, but lately I can’t seem to keep my attention on it. I absolutely love reading though and I will eagerly devour any material that catches my interest. Some of my favorites include The Fountainhead, Dune series, and Sherlock Holmes. Once again otome games are an extension to this love.
Another great love in my life is writing. I adore writing, even though I don’t think I’m very good at it, and so if you’re sneaky
stalkerish enough you might find some of my writings floating around. This is probably what causes me to have the bad case of TL;DRitis as you can tell from my otome game posts. I just go on and on and on and you really don’t want me to get started on analyzing any of my favorite characters.
I’m the type of person that wants to know something about everything and so I’m quite curious and eager to try new things. It probably makes me annoying to be around when I’m constantly asking “Why?” or “Tell me more!”, haha. I’m not religious and would prefer to be called agnostic, but I have a budding interest in paganism. Hmm, I’m also a video gamer at heart and sometimes I disappear for days to play other games (I adore FPS for some reason, but also things like Dark Souls, etc.), MMORPGS, RPGs, puzzle games, Bioware and Bethesda games, and real-time strategy games like League of Legends.
Now for some REALLY random stuff:
- What is your favorite word and why?
- Transience, because nothing in life is permanent but I don’t mean this in a depressing way. Change can be something scary but necessary and amazing.
- What trait in people do you value the most?
- Confidence! I admire those who are independent and know what they want in life and what to do to get it.
- Conversely, what is the one trait that you can’t stand in people?
//bricked. Probably clinginess in all aspects of life.
- If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three things would you take with you?
- Apple chips, my iPhone, and a broom _(:3」∠)_.
- Three things you absolutely want to accomplish before you die?
- Own a dog, publish a book, and have one fantastic romance.
- What do you think lies beyond death?
- Either nothingness or hopefully a reincarnation… wheel.
- What’s one of your biggest pet peeves?
- People who lack critical thinking! Talking to a yes-person makes me want to scream or talking to someone who argues without any basis or supporting facts.
- Your house catches on fire! What is your first thought? What will you salvage first?
- “I can’t believe my house is on fire!” and probably my laptop, wallet, and phone since they’re all in the same place.
- If you were reborn, what would you want to be, aside from a human, and why?
- A raven! Or maybe a bat so that I could fly while also having the moon shine on me… _(:3」∠)_ I’m sorry. Or a wolf since they’re my favorite animals.
- If you got a tattoo, of what and where would you get it?
- Probably some ~*mysterious*~ Latin phrase. Or most likely 浅き夢見じ 酔ひもせず between my shoulder blades on my back _(:3」∠)_.
I’ll answer some classical questions too. My favorite animals are wolves and ravens, my favorite color is blue because I can stand all the shades of it, I can’t burp the alphabet, I am in love with musicals (Elizabeth Wein and Phantom of the Opera are my favorites), I can growl pretty impressively, I love the themes of winter, snow, and the moon, I’m passionately moody at times, I have a short attention span, and I am 5’6″.
My character fetishes! I really like the anti-hero trope and so I’m usually attracted to characters who toe the line between being righteous and evil
it’s a bonus if they have an eyepatch, cape, cravat, or gloves. Actually, my favorite characters can pretty much be summed up by how they are all afflicted by a tragic human flaw that makes them do terrible things. I also love the star-crossed lovers trope and so any character that is extremely devoted but has trouble attaining that love or that love leads them to do something awful like destroy the world is one that I like. This is a bit different from the yandere trope because these guys usually don’t do anything towards the heroine and instead affect the world around them. In general though, I can appreciate all kinds of characters as long as their stories are well written. The type of characters I’m least interested in are shotas and tsunderes though.
The characters that I am fanatic over right now can be found on my list of biases. I’ll most likely be updating it periodically because it’s interesting to see the people I’m attracted to in games. (Currently, it looks like I’m attracted to men with power or something because over half of them are kings and princes… UHH… I swear I don’t have a megalomaniac fetish).
My favorite gaming platforms are the PC and PSP. I used to prefer PC otome games because ATLAS and AGTH are extremely helpful but playing without any translating aids (this includes playing otome games on the PSP) has made my Japanese improve enormously. For other games I prefer the PC version over any consoles unless the game is graphics-intensive in which case I’d use my PS3. I’m a Sony fan all the way though I do have a DS and 3DS.
Lastly, but most importantly, this blog is a place for me to have fun and to share the fun I have. Therefore, while I’ll be trying my best to fulfill out requests and any games I’ve started, I don’t want this place to feel like a chore or heavy responsibility. What I do promise is that any game that I have started a post about will eventually be completed; I can’t bear to leave things undone. That’s all and so I hope anyone who passes by enjoys my blog! Please feel free to comment on any page no matter how old it is and I promise that I’ll make an effort to respond to every comment.