Hello, welcome to the commission page! I’ll be using the page to show whether I’m open or closed for commissions. Sometimes I need to cover unforeseen expenses and it’d be nice to make this site earn its own upkeep LOL. Maybe in the future I can upgrade this site and have it hosted on its own space.
By default I will post finished drama CD commissions on my blog unless told otherwise by the commissioner. I’m also willing to send the finished product through email in whatever format the commissioner would like (ex. PDF, doc, etc). I’ll also provide the commissioner with updates on my translation progress.
Examples of my work can be found in my drama CD section or character song section. The rest of my posts are pretty much examples of my translation (though otome games are shifted into 3rd person exposition) with the most recent posts being an example of my current level of Japanese (I’m an official N2!).
- $21 per drama CD + $3 for tokutens (additional cost for anything over 60 minutes).
- $12 per song.
- $0.02 x [Japanese characters/2.5] for text (ex. short stories, interviews, etc.).
- Rates for drama CDs are a bit negotiable since the time it takes me to translate depends a lot on the content. For example, some drama CDs have long silences or long SFX scenes that would be unfair to charge. On the other hand, drama CDs with complex language and historical terms that require research will cost more.
- !PLEASE PROVIDE THE FILES YOU WANT TRANSLATED! I’ll let you know if I already have them.
- I reserve the right to refuse a commission for reasons I may or may not disclose.
Just comment on this page showing your interest and I’ll send you an email to discuss the details. I don’t want to post my email here to avoid spam bots and comments will help me organize who was first, etc. You don’t need a WP account to comment! Just make sure to enter a valid email in the email section it prompts you with so that I can contact you with; no one else can see that email except for me. Or you can contact me through Twitter, Tumblr, or even Curious Cat.
Once we’ve discussed the details and have agreed upon a price I’ll ask for a down payment that is 1/2 of the agreed upon price, or you can pay me in full. I’ll keep you updated, let you know when I finish translating and show samples, but I won’t send you the full thing until I’ve received the full agreed upon payment.
Please send me payment through PayPal or Ko-fi!